Corrosion is defined as an attack on a material as a result of chemical, frequently electrochemical reaction, with the surrounding medium. According to this definition, the term corrosion can be applied to all materials, including non-metals. But in practice, the word corrosion is mainly used in conjunction with metallic materials.
A wide variety of corrosion related tests is undertaken at W I Met-Lab Services Advanced to determine the susceptibility to Intergranular corrosion, pitting corrosion etc.
Intergranular Corrosion Test as per ASTM A262 for Austenitic Stainless Steel
- ASTM A262 Practice-A Oxalic Acid Etch Test
- ASTM A262 Practice-B Ferric Sulphate-Sulphuric Acid Test
- ASTM A262 Practice-C Nitric Acid Test
- ASTM A262 Practice-E Copper Sulphate-Sulphuric Acid Test
- ASTM A262 Practice-F Copper Sulphate-Sulphuric Acid Test
Intergranular Corrosion Test as per ISO 3651-2 for Ferritic, Austenitic, Duplex Stainless Steel
- ISO 3651-2 Method-A Copper Sulphate-Sulphuric Acid Test
- ISO 3651-2 Method-B Copper Sulphate-Sulphuric Acid Test
- ISO 3651-2 Method-C Ferric Sulphate-Sulphuric Acid Test
Pitting & Crevice Corrosion Test for Stainless Steel & Its Alloys
- ASTM G48 Method-A Ferric Chloride Pitting Test
- ASTM G48 Method-B Ferric Chloride Crevice Test
Detecting Detrimental Intermetallic Phase in Duplex Stainless Steel
- ASTM A923 Method-A Sodium Hydroxide Etch Test
- ASTM A923 Method-B Charpy Impact Test
- ASTM A923 Method-C Ferric Chloride Test
Intergranular Corrosion for Nickel Base & Its Alloys
- ASTM G28 Method-A Ferric Sulphate-Sulphuric Acid Test
- ASTM G28 Method-B Mixed Acid-Oxidizing Salt Test
We can offer all above mentioned tests under all third party inspection agencies
For more information about our Corrosion Testing, or to request a quote, contact us today.